This archive contains documents generally relating to the Concertina.
- GA001 : Wheatstone – Price List and Music List from 1848
- GA027 : Wheatstone – Handbook from the 1950s
Documents and Articles
- GA002 : Blake, Hugh – The Blake System
- GA029 : Cawdell, William – A Short Account of the English Concertina (1865)
- GA021 : Chidley, K.V. – The Duet System (Accordion World, Dec. 1950)
- GA023 : Hayden, Brian – Concertina Fingering Systems
- GA024 : Jeffries, Charles Snr, Death and Probate Certificates
- GA033 : Lawrence, Thomas – Giulio Regondi in Ireland, 1834 onward
- GA025 : Maccann, J.H – The Concertinists Guide
- GA022 : Nichols, Don – Tuning and Maintenance
- GA030 : Nixon, John – The English Connection
- GA032 : Penny Magazine, 1838 – The Jews Harp and M. Eulenstein
- GA031 : Penny Magazine, 1839 – Musical Sounds from Metallic Springs
- GA028 : Rycroft, David – The Wheatstones
- GA003 : Sharpe, A.P. – The Banjo Story (B.M.G. Magazine 1971-1973)
- GA020 : Udloff, Paul – Chidley Family Genealogy
- GA006 : Williams, Wes – A Chat with Brian Hayden
- GA007 : 1829, Charles Wheatstone, Wind Musical Instruments, No. 5803
- GA008 : 1829, Cyril Demian, German Patent for Accordion
- GA009 : 1844, Charles Wheatstone, Concertinas and other Musical Instruments, No.10041
- GA010 : 1861, William Wheatstone, Improvements in Concertinas, No. 2289
- GA011 : 1861, Jewel, Improvements in Concertinas, No.2152
- GA012 : 1862, Rust, Concertinas &c., No.1976
- GA013 : 1881, Berry, Improvements in Concertinas and Accordions, No.3568
- GA014 : 1884, John Hill Maccann, Improvements in Concertinas, No. 4752
- GA015 : 1884, George Jones, Improvements in Anglo-German Concertinas, No.9314
- GA016 : 1885, Alsepti and Ballinger, Improvements in Concertinas, No.8290
- GA017 : 1896, Butterworth, Improvements in English Concertinas, No.21730
- GA018 : 1902, Reed-Hanson, Improvements in Concertinas, No.26911
- GA019 : 1922, Pitt, Improved Concertina, 208274
- See also in The Reuben Shaw Archive:
- Busson’s Patent ; No. 2630 of 1853
- William Wheatstone’s Patent ; No. 4994 of 1824
- GA040 : Butler, F E – Handbook and Tutor for the English Concertina
- GA041 : Day, Alan – Audio CD Tutor for the 20 Button Anglo Concertina
- GA036 : Jeffries, T ? – Maccann Duet Manuscript
- GA039 : Jones, G – Tutor for the Anglo Concertina
- GA035 : Maccann,J H – Instructions for the Duet English Concertina 1885
- GA038 : Rutterford,E – Tutor for the Duet Concertina
- GA037 : Warren, J – Instructions for the Double Concertina 1855
- GA034 : Wheatstone – Instructions for Performing on the Patent Duett 1855
Magazines and Periodicals
- The Concertina Newsletter, edited by Neil Wayne. No.1 – 24, 1971 – 1976.
- Concertina and Squeezebox, No.1 to 32, 1983 -1995, published in the USA.
- The Concertina Magazine, edited by Richard Evans, published in Australia in the 1980s.
- The Free Reed Journal, edited by Alan Atlas; Volume 1 – 4 ,2000 – 2003.
The archive is particularly interested in obtaining copies of Accordion World/World Accordion Review of the 1950s.