Events starting on or near February 6, 2022
Watch and listen anytime, starting on February 6
- International all-star concert put on by the International Concertina Association. Part 1 will become available at 8 am GMT, Part 2 at 2 pm GMT and Part 3 at 8 pm GMT. All three parts will be permanently available to view after they are posted.
- Eastern North America online concert (premiere on YouTube at 12 noon EST / 5.00 PM GMT)
- Randy Stein solo video mini concert
- New video performance by the Cafe Orchestra in Holmfirth, England, featuring five concertinas along with other instruments
- New audio performance by the the concertina band of the North East Concertina Players in England
- New video about concertina-shaped toys sold in Japan
Online in real time
- Performance by the Puget Sound Concertina Band, 7:15 to 7:45 pm Pacific Time, on radio at kptz.org (“listen live” button is in the upper left hand corner of the screen). Archived recording available for two weeks afterward
- Janet Dows solo concert on Zoom: exact time to be determined
- Chiltinas lunch and playing session, Maulden, Bedford, UK, 2 pm to 6 pm GMT. Also on Zoom! Contact John McKenzie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Martin Henshaw (email@example.com) to attend.
New online article
- Multi-media article about the former Swedish Concertina Society [Svenska Concertina-sällskapet] including recordings and photos
- Concertinas-only session at The Volunteer in Lewes, Sussex, England, starting at 2:30 pm GMT and lasting about two hours
- Forestinas drop-in playing session at Greyfriars Community Centre in Ringwood, Hampshire, UK, 10 am until 4 pm GMT
- Chiltinas lunch and playing session, Maulden, Bedford, UK, 2 pm to 6 pm GMT. Contact John McKenzie (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Martin Henshaw (email@example.com) to attend
- Concertina-related museum display, Crewkerne Museum, Somerset, UK
- On February 12: Kettle Bridge Concertinas concertina drop-in, Maidstone Museum, Kent, UK
- On March 6: Bay Area and Northern California concertina players gathering, Berkeley, CA, USA
If no link is given above, please contact the World Concertina Day team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.