It is with great regret that I have to announce the cancellation of
SSI 2020, the Scandinavian Squeeze-In which would have been our 21st
The reason should surprise no one; it’s the fallout from the
Borders are closed. Transportation is disrupted. Gatherings of more
than 10 people — and that would include us — are forbidden. That
situation is unlikely to change before the scheduled dates of our
Squeeze-In. And even if it did, the way the virus spreads would leave
me fearful that our gathering could contribute to the spread.
There’s no point in simply postponing the SSI. Once the various
restrictions are lifted, all sorts of other events that had to close
will be returning to compete for participants’ schedules.
Instead, I will now begin planning for SSI 2021, which will be held —
“as always” — on the last full weekend of April, i.e., April 23-25, 2021.
I hope that I will see many of you there… and maybe even before then.
In the meantime, I hope you will all remain healthy.
Sincerely, /Jim Lucas