|Pages 1 and 2||–||Title pages|
|Pages 5 to 19||–||Articles:
Sandra Kerr’s English Concertina Workshops at the
Australian National Folk Festivals, 2000 and 2003
|Pages 20 to 53||–||Tommy Elliott and the Musical Elliotts|
|Pages 54 to 56||–||Picture Gallery:
An Early Wheatstone ‘Open Pallet’ Concertina from
Charles Wheatstone’s Collection
|Pages 57 to 61||–||William and Marjorie Hurlstone|
|Page 62||–||Historical Document:
Charles Wheatstone on the Police Blotter
|Pages 63 to 76||–||Review-essays:
The Clare Set: Free Reed Reissues Classic Clare Concertina Recordings
Monumental but Hardly Definitive
|Pages 77 to 92||–||English International: A History of the English Concertina in Sound|
|Pages 93 to 95||–||Masters of the Concertina – Gordon Cutty, Tommy Williams
The Whirligig of Time – Steve Turner Out of the Box – Will Duke
|Pages 96 and 97||–||Briefly Noted:
Free and Squeezy: The New Web Catalogue at the Horniman Museum
|Pages 98 to 100||–||Contributors|
|< Back||Index||Next >|
Section 1 Articles : Dutch Daly: Comedy and Concertinas on the Variety Stage by Randall C. Merris.
Section 2 Joseph Astley, Oldham Concertina Band and the MHJ Shield by Stephen Chambers.
Section 3 David Edward Hughes: Concertinist and Inventor by Dan Worrall.
Historical document: George Bernard Shaw on the Concertina.
Section 4 Reviews:
Juliette et le Concertina: Juliette Daum, English concertina (treble and baritone).
Giulio Regondi (1823-1872): Souvenir d’amitié, Compositions for concertina and baritone concertina: Helmut C. Jacobs, accordion.
New Dogs, Old Tricks: Rob Harbron (English concertina, guitar, vocals) and Emma Reid (fiddle).
Section 5 Communications: Göran Rahm; Les Branchett.
Section 6 Briefly noted: English International.
Section 7 Contributors.
- Clare: The Heartland of the Irish Concertina by Gearóid Ó Hallmhuráin
- Giulio Regondi at Oxford by Susan Wollenberg
- A Note on Salvation Army Concertina Bands by Les Branchett
- Concertinas in The Times, 1860 Notes by Allan Atlas
- Ms Mary Baker with Concertina, c. 1857 Notes by Pat Shipman
- 2005 — The Year of the Anglo: Some Reflections reviewed by Roger Digby
- The Anglo Concertina Music of William Kimber by Dan M. Worrall Reviewed by Jody Kruskal
- Marie Lachenal: Concertinist
by Faye Debenham and Randall C. Merris
- The Black Concertina Tradition of South Africa: A Brief Outline
by Harry Scurfield
- Reed Cavity Design and Resonance
by Tom Tonon
- The Matusewitch Family: An Annotated Bibliography
by Eric Matusewitch
- George Grove’s Article on the ‘Concertina’ in the First Edition of A Dictionary of Music and Musicians (1878)
Introductory Note by Allan Atlas
- Two Salvation Army Concertina Bands
Introductory Note by Chris Algar
Reviewed by Roger Digby
Editorial Note: Allan W. Atlas
- Some Notes on Lachenal Concertina Production and Serial Numbers by Stephen Chambers
- Frank Butler: An Interview by Richard Carlin
- Mayhew’s ‘Concertina Player on the Steamboats’ Introductory Note by Allan W. Atlas
- Barbara Bartell and her Golden Edeophone Introductory Note by Chris Algar
- Two New Concertinas at the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York by J. Kenneth Moore
- Conquering the Concertina: A Comprehensive Guide to the English Concertina, by Les Branchett
The Concise English Concertina: A Tutor, by Dick Miles
Reviewed by Rachel Hall
- Wake the Vaulted Echoes: A Celebration of Peter Bellamy
- Black Boxes, Sarah Graves
- A Touch of Clare, Kitty Hayes
- Concertina Tutorial, Niall Vallely (CD Rom)
Reviewed by Roger Digby
- The Music of Dickens and his Time, Seven Dials Band, Dave Townsend, concertina
Reviewed by Allan W. Atlas